Assists in the overall operation of the theatre. After an unspecified time of at least six months (depending on level of previous management experience or education and completion of the Management Accreditation Program) the Assistant Manager may be promoted to Senior Assistant Manager, Manager, or General Manager. An inability to complete the Management Accreditation Program or non-acceptance of a management promotion may result in a demotion to a staff-level position or termination of employment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Follows the direction dictated by the General Manager.
- Supports General Manager’s decisions in communication with the staff.
- Spends time working in all theatre job functions.
- Participates in the training and coaching of staff members in their specific job functions.
- Assists in the preparation of administrative reports and special reports for the General Manager.
- Learns and enforces cash handling procedures as dictated by Cinemark policy.
- Observes and participates in the inspection of the theatre building, parking lot, and landscaping, Cinemark property, and equipment condition.
- Reports the need for building, property, and equipment repairs to the General Manager.
- Interacts with Customers for improved service in the theatre.
- Enforces and supports the Cinemark Operations Guidelines.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Requires the ability to work evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
- The majority of the work hours are during normal theatre operating hours and requires interaction with Customers and Employees.
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities.
- Requires the ability to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend in English.
- Preparation of reports requiring the use of a computer and strong calculative and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions requires certain physical standards to include lifting, reaching, bending, kneeling, ascending and descending stairs, and listening.
- Monitor the physical appearance of the theatre, theatre property, and theatre staff
- Inspect and maintain the building (including roof and exterior signage)
- Must efficiently move throughout the theatre.
- High School or G.E.D. graduate and at least 18 years of age. Note that if they are the ranking manager-on-duty in a theatre that serves alcohol, when the General Manager is not on duty, the Manager or Senior Assistant Manager must be at least 21 years of age.
- Completion of Cinemark’s Management Accreditation Program.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Accurate cash handling and math skills.