Restaurant General ManagerSUMMARY
To profitably operate the restaurant within the practice and procedures established by Burger King Corporation and Ghai Management. This position is responsible for cost control, customer service, restaurant and employee appearance, building sales, maximizing profits and employee development. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for working the front counter to insure quality service. Checks product quality and talks with customers, assures availability. Effectively trains and coaches employees to show courtesy and handling of complaints.
- Conduct meetings with team members and management team for the purpose of planning, training, and reviewing operations/management procedures and policies.
- Develops and maintains an acceptable level of sales. Utilizes local store marketing.
- Monitors utilities, supplies, and other cost categories to minimize impact. Analyzes Profits and Loss statements and takes appropriate corrective action. Follows proper procedures and specifications in preparation and serving of food products. Controls restaurant inventory through established inventory system.
- Use GHAI approved labor guidelines. Develops and post labor schedules in advance of work week start. Adjusts labor to changes in sale volume.
- Manages restaurant cash control by making bank deposits daily. Follows the Cash Handling Procedures outlined in the GHAI Management Manual.
- Ensures accidents and incidents are reported to Risk Management in a timely manner. Take necessary action to minimize workers and/or unemployment compensation. Maintains safe work environment. Achieve highest possible rating by the Health Department. Ensures professional restaurant and team image through rigid adherence to restaurant cleanliness, uniforms, and overall is in compliance with BKC’s Image standards.
- Keeps District Manager informed of hiring team members, approval for promotions and changes in employee status. Process payroll accordingly. Maintains applicant tracking as per federal requirements.
- Conducts performance reviews with management team and team members. Documents in writing, corrective disciplinary action with employees or any incident involving customers. Maintain team member’s personnel files in accordance with federal, state and local law. Posts all Federal and State required posters.
- Utilizes a preventive maintenance system, ensuring adequate repair of buildings and equipment as needed.
- Attends meetings as scheduled by District Manager for the purpose of planning, training and reviewing operations/management procedures and policies.
- Performs all administrative paperwork as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.RESOLVE
It is critical that the candidate possesses a strong desire to make a positive image in people’s lives to pursue excellence and have a passion for the QSR industry. GHAI’s goal is to become the “Best in Class BK Franchise and Employer of Choice”; therefore restaurant managers must demonstrate success behaviors and at all times.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School or GED; some college preferred; Previous restaurant experience desirable. No one under the age of 20 is allowed to be a Restaurant Manager. Must be ServSafe and Foundations certified.COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Ability to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to listen to understand other points of view before responding; Ability to influence others to gain commitment; Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Understanding of P & L analysis, Cash Controls, Labor Analysis, Yields and calculating food costs (theoretical vs. actual).REASONING ABILITY
To be able to solve problems and deal with a variety of complex issues that is common in the QSR business. Must be able to exercise sound judgment in considering course of action.FLEXIBILITY
Handles day-to day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change; ability to work a variety of shifts and times of day.LEADERSHIP
Develops and grows others; solicits and applies customer feedback; improve processes, product and services; Gains support and commitment from others; mobilizes people to take action; Uses delegated authority to meet specific responsibilities. COMPUTER SKILLS
Proficient in computer based programs systems. Proficient in Excel, Word, as well as the Internet.LICENSE
Must have a valid driver’s license, current car insurance.COMPENSATION
Based on appropriate payband + commensurate with experience + incentive bonus plan based on performance and profitability of the company BACKGROUND CHECK
Candidates are required to pass background check and drug test criteria as a condition of promotion or hire to this position unless otherwise prohibited by state law.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Minimum qualifications needed to perform essential job functions. Must be capable of exerting up to 60 pounds of force occasionally or frequently, and/or up to 60 pounds of force constantly to move objects.Minimum qualifications needed to perform the essential job functions:
- Consistently carries products/boxes and miscellaneous weighing no more than 70 pounds.
- Consistently climbs ladders to roof to check A/C exhaust fan.
- Consistently operates cash registers, calculators, computers, mail and product.
- Consistently handles product preparation.
- Consistently kneels to utilize proper lifting procedures and to open safe.
- Consistently lifts for product preparation, stocking and inventory.
- Consistently pushes to open and close door to coolers and freezers.
- Consistently reaches for product preparation and serving customers and for training.
- Frequently stands during serving customers and training.
- Frequently stoops to pick up supplies and trash.
- Visual and Auditory sense required.
Machines, devices, tools, etc. used in job performance and the conditions in which the job is accomplished.EQUIPMENT
Fryers, broilers, flat top grills, walk in freezer, menu boards, computers, cash registers, warmer lights, filtering machines, oven, steam units, holding cabinets, slicers, storage units, soda fountain hook up station, microwave ovens, insulated oven mitts, toasters, cooking utensils, drive thru communication systems, and automobile to drive to the bank.ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions; protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The employee is subject to both environmental conditions; work activities occur both inside and outside.
- The employee is subject to extreme cold temperature below 32 degrees for periods of time.
- The employee is exposed to hazards which includes a variety of physical conditions, such as moving mechanical parts, electrical current, exposure to high heat of chemicals.
- The employee is subject to one or more of the following conditions: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation.