Alfalfa’s mission is based on having employees as wonderful as our products and the communities we serve. We offer clean, local and organic choices in order to guide our guests toward the healthy, happy lives they desire. Come join us as we seek to grow the only locally and independently owned full service markets along the Front Range. Experience what it’s like to be a part of this positive, proactive and progressive culture.
Title: Culinary Clerk
Reports To: FOH Supervisor
Pay Grade: 1 - $12.00 - $15.58/hr
Approval Date: February 16, 2016
Welcome to the front lines of the culinary revolution. With coat n’ apron you are the chosen one to slang fresh, local, and organic food to our incredible customer base of artists, intellectuals, psychonauts, and hill folk. It is YOU who will be here to help stop the negative effects of the food industry. Let your face be the face of the resistance through fast paced front of house work. Viva la Alfalfa’s!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Acknowledge, greet, and assist customers in a timely manner, listening attentively, smiling, and seeking at all times to understand and surpass our customers' needs.
2. Organize, stock, merchandise, and rotate product to ensure freshness, best appearance, and to maintain food safety at all times.
3. Maintain back stock in good order, with consideration of customer sight-lines and needs of the department for current and upcoming shifts.
4. Keep department continually clean, well-maintained and organized.
5. Assist with inventories.
6. Record spoilage, sampling, and temperature documentation.
7. Ensure all products are fresh, priced accurately, and have proper signs.
8. Answer customer requests and phone calls quickly and professionally.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees in a clear, professional, and friendly manner.
2. Previous food service experience preferred.
3. Openness and eagerness to learn food handling procedures and practices.
4. Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
5. Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
6. Ability to operate all necessary equipment, including proper knife handling skills.
7. Flexible schedule availability, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
1. Lifting and bending will encompass more than a third of the time.
2. Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
3. Unassisted lifting of objects in excess of 40 pounds.
4. Use of knives, and slicing equipment.
5. Exposure to and possible use of cooking appliances
6. Sporadic exposure to fluctuating temperatures.
Alfalfa's offers a variety of benefits to our employees, including options for health and dental insurance for full timers, holidays paid at time and a half, and an employee discount. Full timers are able to take ten days of Paid Time Off after six months of employment, and even part timers are able to receive Paid Time Off!