The Graphic Designer I for Sandbox™ uses knowledge of current graphic design software to produce graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, films, packaging, and informative and instructional material through a variety of media outlets. Generate and manipulated graphic images, animations, sound, text and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs. Works directly under the guidance and supervision of the Creative Director. Takes the load on all deliverables, assuring they meet brand criteria.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the overall look or style of a publication, an advertising campaign, or flyer
- Participates in creative process related to marketing campaigns and marketing strategy
- Plans, designs, creates flyers and presentations for marketing campaigns
- Works with creative management to ensure that designs meet corporate expectations and deadlines.
- Communicates project status, timelines and delivery information to management and demonstrates ability to anticipate creative problems and production time line issues.
- Gain a deep understanding of Alterra Home Loans and Founder's vision, values, responsibilities and priorities
- Be an active participant in brainstorming sessions
- Determine which photographs, art, or other design elements to use
- Determine how best to represent a concept visually
- Remains current in design trends, styles and technological advances in various media.
- A great deal of creativity and latitude is expected
- Resolves issues that arise and alerts Creative Director as significant problems arise
- Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, graphics, and business cards (stationary) developed by team members
- Present designs to management for approval
- Ensure files are organized and ready accessible
- Generates flyers and presentations as defined by Alterra Home Loans
- Contributes to design and layout as needed, including creation of graphic elements
Disclaimer: Job description is not a complete list of duties. The Graphic Designer I may and/or will be required to perform other functions as asked by management. The Graphic Designer I must be self-sufficient and show the initiative to self-educate in industry products and program guidelines
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Minimum 4 years of experience in aspects of the creative management or support
- Link to Portfolio required to be considered for position
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint and MAC Keynote
- The successful candidate will be extremely organized, possess the ability to multitask on a continuous basis, efficient and self-motivated.
- The position requires meeting deadlines
- Mortgage Industry or Agency Experience Preferred
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Effective communication and service skills
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and current automotive insurance
- Able to complete a project from concept to delivery
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Problem-solving - identifies and resolves challenges in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions using facts and reasoning in presenting business case for pursuing appropriate course of action.
- Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in all types of situations. Listens and seeks clarification as necessary in order to understand and fulfill business objectives. Able to read and interpret complex information and regulatory requirements. Must be able to build effective intra-corporate relationships and collaborations, and liaison with various business departments.
- Business acumen - understands business implications and decisions, displaying appropriate balance between revenue growth and compliance with existing laws and regulations. Demonstrates working knowledge of regulated financial industry.
- Ethics - Keeps commitments and inspires trust by others. Understands and appreciates the value of integrity in self and others. Upholds organizational values. Maintains strict confidentiality of business information and processes.
- Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains rationale for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
- Planning and Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful, respectful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
- Adaptability - adapts quickly to changes in work priorities and manages competing demands appropriately. Modifies approach or method to best fit the situation. Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities, while asking for assistance when needed.
- Innovation - assist department in developing and implementing creative ideas and methods to increase overall efficiency and departmental value.
- Teamwork – work with fellow team members inside and outside the department, treating everyone with dignity and respect, always willing to help others, with exceptional customer service.
These are the mantras that drive us. They’re ideas that empower our employees to make a difference in the lives of every customer or partner they meet. They are about accountability, innovation, and taking pride in everything we do, down to the tiniest of details. This is what we expect from every single person that joins us. This is how we serve our community. This is who we are.
- Little Things Matter: Over the years we’ve learned that it’s the small changes that produce big results.
- Find a Better Way: We never rest on our laurels. “That’s just how we do things here” will never be our method of operation. We are committed to finding better ways to serve our customers, and support our loan officers and realtor partners.
- Own It: We vow to keep ourselves accountable. When we make mistakes we don’t pass the blame. We make it right.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There is no exposure or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Your signature below indicates that you have received and read this job description and you understand the responsibilities of your position within the organization.