The Front-End Web Developer for Sandbox™ combines the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- CSS preprocessors like Sass and LESS
- Libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
- Note: Advanced front-end developers will have a mix of front-end and back-end technology expertise, including solution stacks like MEAN or LAMP, and server-side technologies like Node, Java, or Ruby.
Disclaimer: Job description is not a complete list of duties. The Front-End Web Developer may and/or will be required to perform other functions as asked by management. The Front-End Web Developer must be self-sufficient and show the initiative to self-educate in industry products and program guidelines.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Proven work experience as a Front-End Web Developer
- Hands on experience with markup languages
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Experience in the mortgage industry preferred
- The successful candidate will be extremely organized, possess the ability to multitask on a continuous basis, efficient and self-motivated.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Effective communication and service skills
Required Education and Experience
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Fluency is other languages preferred
- Problem-solving - identifies and resolves challenges in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions using facts and reasoning in presenting business case for pursuing appropriate course of action.
- Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in all types of situations. Listens and seeks clarification as necessary in order to understand and fulfill business objectives. Able to read and interpret complex information and regulatory requirements. Must be able to build effective intra-corporate relationships and collaborations, and liaison with various business departments.
- Business acumen - understands business implications and decisions, displaying appropriate balance between revenue growth and compliance with existing laws and regulations. Demonstrates working knowledge of regulated financial industry.
- Ethics - Keeps commitments and inspires trust by others. Understands and appreciates the value of integrity in self and others. Upholds organizational values. Maintains strict confidentiality of business information and processes.
- Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains rationale for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
- Planning and Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful, respectful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
- Adaptability - adapts quickly to changes in work priorities and manages competing demands appropriately. Modifies approach or method to best fit the situation. Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities, while asking for assistance when needed.
- Innovation - assist department in developing and implementing creative ideas and methods to increase overall efficiency and departmental value.
- Teamwork – work with fellow team members inside and outside the department, treating everyone with dignity and respect, always willing to help others, with exceptional customer service.
These are the mantras that drive us. They’re ideas that empower our employees to make a difference in the lives of every customer or partner they meet. They are about accountability, innovation, and taking pride in everything we do, down to the tiniest of details. This is what we expect from every single person that joins us. This is how we serve our community. This is who we are.
- Little Things Matter: Over the years we’ve learned that it’s the small changes that produce big results.
- Find a Better Way: We never rest on our laurels. “That’s just how we do things here” will never be our method of operation. We are committed to finding better ways to serve our customers, and support our loan officers and realtor partners.
- Own It: We vow to keep ourselves accountable. When we make mistakes we don’t pass the blame. We make it right.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There is no exposure or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Your signature below indicates that you have received and read this job description and you understand the responsibilities of your position within the organization.