Your opportunity awaits at Associated Food Stores. If you want to work for a growing company with over 75 years of success, join our award-winning team! The AFS Corporate Headquarters, located in Salt Lake City, Utah, boasts numerous career opportunities in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry. Team members enjoy great benefits like tuition reimbursement, health insurance, 401(k) matching, employee discounts, and paid time off. Be part of a company that truly cares about your personal growth and giving back to the community through meaningful service and charitable giving.
The HR Benefits Specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all company benefits and retirement program, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k).
This individual will share benefits related information with employees, conduct analysis to determine eligibility for benefits and administer enrollment process for newly eligible employees. The HR Benefit Specialist is also responsible for reconciliation and payment of all third-party bills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the system to provide accurate information.
- Assists with new-hire benefit orientations.
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Assists employees with benefit claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials.
- Conducts analysis and determines eligibility in compliance with the Affordable Care Act.
- Enrolls employees with carriers and process enrollment status changes.
- Responds to benefits questions from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Works on special projects and performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma required. Additional Human Resource Benefits training or certificates a plus.
- One-year Human Resource Benefits experience preferred.
- Understanding of general benefits, policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of benefits administration.
- Sound understanding of Microsoft Office tools.
- Aptitude in problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with a high attention to detail.
- Regular on-site attendance is required.
- Use of personal vehicle required for travel.