Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Human Resources, this position will assist in leading the HR People Strategy and collaborate and support business leaders and team members across all levels of a segment within the organization. The HR Manager will partner with leadership and key stakeholders in the execution and implementation of HR products, services and resources to optimize talent, process and culture.
The HR Manager will have a direct impact on operational performance through analysis and identification of trends and building custom solutions to support the segment.
- Partners with leaders, team members and key stakeholders to advise on talent, including onboarding, talent review and assessment, career development, succession planning, internal mobility, engagement action planning and rewards/recognition.
- Exchanges knowledge and works closely with operators to align thinking, deliver solutions and optimize processes.
- Owns the employee relations issues within the segment and works closely with the Employee Relations Team to resolve employee relations issues and create meaningful solutions to retain our best talent.
- Owns the Recruiting for the segment. Responsible for working with her/his Talent Acquisition Team to ensure staffing is a priority to the segment. May assist TA with roadblocks, communications, etc.
- Champions HR programs, practices and policies with the overall objective of maintaining and nurturing a strong, people focused culture.
- Proactively uses data, experience and organizational agility to guide decision making to provide nimble and dynamic solutions to people issues/concerns.
- Responsible for all training initiatives within the segment; will be managed through facilitation, communication, tracking, and in partnership with the Training Department.
- Acts as a respected and trusted coach on a variety of topics including communications, performance management, employee relations, compensation and performance.
- Provides support for organizational change management and communications at all levels of the segment.
- Works with Center of Excellence to effectively communicate Corporate Human Resources driven initiatives to the field and encourages action when appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains relationships of trust to foster transparency, open and honest two-way communication and collaboration.
- Through business metrics, identifies Human Resources trends and builds custom solutions to support the business segment.
- Provides back-up support to other HR team members.
- Ensures compliance in safety, policies and procedures to reduce workplace incidents/injuries.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience; PHR certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive HR experience (in multiple HR functions including but not limited to employee relations, talent development, talent review and succession planning, employee engagement, performance management and talent acquisition) with 2+ years in a management role.
- Proven expertise in developing partnerships with leadership and influencing key business decisions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR principles, employment laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage human resources at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel.
The position is a full-time position that will likely require travel, up to 30-50% of the time over the course of the year.
Elior North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.