At Alamo Drafthouse, our People Relations Specialist position will provide a variety of complex, routine, and administrative services in support of departmental and operational goals for specific “HR” projects and communication. This person will partner with multiple groups to resolve complex employee relation issues.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Collaborates with People Relations team to research and resolve employee issues and complaints. Then assists with identifying and creating reporting mechanisms as necessary
- Assist with disciplinary actions, including performance plans, and employee warnings as needed. Collaborates with venue management team(s) providing a resolution and follows up plan to ensure completion.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of state and federal employment laws and practices, as well as internal policies/procedures, and provides suitable interpretation to management and employees.
- Proactively identify areas to enhance the organization and employee experience
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Proven ability to build and maintain partnerships and solid working relationships with management and employees at all levels.
- Assists with HR-related education/training, communication and awareness efforts. Supports implementation and training for new HR programs, policies, and initiatives.
- Assists with special projects as assigned by the Manager of People Relations
- Provide other support and back-up to the People Operations Department as needed
- Three (3) years’ experience in an HR Generalist role and an undergraduate degree in HR or a related field of study, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two (2) years’ experience in an Employee relations capacity
- Knowledge of principles, practices and standards of human resource management
- General knowledge of state, federal labor laws and regulations;
- Computer software utilized in human resources data collection and analysis
- Up to 30-50% travel; weekend and holiday travel might be required
- Specific knowledge of NYC and/or SF labor laws and regulations is a plus.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with venue management teams, employees, other agencies and the public
- Focused on accomplishing the overall bigger picture while maintaining small details
- Maintains a flexible work schedule
- Create structure on the fly and maintains consistency without a lot of formal documented processes/procedures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-change environment
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification is a plus
- Bilingual – fluent in Spanish
- Service industry knowledge